Gilgit-Baltistan:Wild Life Hunting in GB

Posted on

GILGIT (APP): The people of Gilgit-Baltistan can earn very good revenue through taking care of wild life.

This was stated by Program Manager Wild Life Conservation Society Mayor Khan while talking with APP said here on Saturday.

They said if they will save their wild life then the government will give them the amount earned from trophy hunting.

He said that every year several foreign hunters come to Pakistan and get the license for hunting wild life in different places.

The government charges them in dollars and the 70% amount goes to the local community and the remaining 30% goes to the government treasury.

He said that if the local people contribute more for saving their wild life then the number of foreign hunters will be increased and the revenue will also be increased.

This will help to develop the community of that area.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s